An Automated Facility for Advanced Testing of Materials / ML. Renauld, JA. Scott, LH. Favrow, MA. McGaw, MD. Marotta, DM. Nissley
- Conference Author:
- Applications of Automation Technology in Fatigue and Fracture Testing and Analysis: Fourth Volume (4th : (2000 : Orlando, FL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Scott, JA.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A novel facility has been developed for elastic-plastic-viscoplastic evaluation of structural materials through the integration of universal servo-hydraulic actuators connected to a standard servo controller and linked to an advisory control system automation package. Significant flexibility in terms of control mode, loading rates and end levels is achieved using the developed software/hardware interfaces. This technology enables complex waveform test profiles while ensuring machine tractability through closed loop control via feedback signals. Functions such as reloading, dwell, loading rate revision and mode switching can be programmed to trigger at any time during the test profile. Actions may target either axial or torsional actuator response since each control channel is fully independent. Signal conditioning and noise reduction for digital data acquisition are accomplished with ¿̐ưonboard¿̐ư active filtering located on control system equipment as well as by employing post feedback active filtering provided by a commercially available digital dual-channel programmable filter system.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2002, Issue 1411 (January 2002)
- 9780803154629 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 8.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2002. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27995223