Crack Initiation in Low Alloy Steel in High Temperature Water / HD. Solomon, RE. DeLair, AD. Unruh
- Conference Author:
- Effects of the Environment on the Initiation of Crack Growth (1996 : Orlando, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- DeLair, RE., Solomon, HD., Unruh, AD., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper describes a study of fatigue crack initiation in WB36, a German low alloy steel, tested in high temperature, high purity, water. Flat un-notched, tensile specimens were cycled under load control, with R=0.1, and with a saw-tooth wave form (with a loading time of 30 seconds and an unloading time of 3 seconds). Crack initiation was followed by periodically stopping the test and replicating the surface. The tests were performed at 177¿̐ưC, in water containing 8ppm O2. H2SO4 additions were also made in some tests to raise the conductivity of the water from 0.06 ?S/cm to 0.4¿̐ư0.5?S/cm. The crack initiation and growth data are correlated with the water chemistry of the test.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1997, Issue 1298 (January 1997)
- 9780803153578 (e-ISBN), 9780803124080, and 0803124082
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 18.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1997. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27995377