Testing Fully Encapsulated Chemical Suits in a Simulated Work Environment / CE. Garland, LE. Goldstein, C. Cary
- Conference Author:
- Performance of Protective Clothing (1984 : Raleigh, North Carolina)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Cary, C., Garland, CE., Goldstein, LE., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The ultimate performance objective of chemical protective clothing is protection of the wearer in his workplace environment. The chemical barrier properties of the materials used in the clothing are of prime importance; however, in fully encapsulated suits, it is mandatory that the total ensemble afford effective protection to the wearer as he performs his normal work routine. A quantitative fit-test booth for respirators was used to determine the protection factors (PF) of total ensembles. The PFs are measured for three exercises simulating typical work activities. A number of suit designs and concepts including limited-use disposable clothing have been tested, and modifications in design have been incorporated to improve performance. Based on the test results, we have been able to proceed to actual on-the-job testing to confirm acceptability with minimum risk to the wearers.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 900 (January 1986)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803149670 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27995497