Techniques for the Characterization and Quality Control of Hydroxyapatite Raw Materials and Coatings / KW. Flohr
- Conference Author:
- Characterization and Performance of Calcium Phosphate Coatings for Implants (1992 : Miami, FL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Flohr, KW.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The chemical laboratory at a commercial coating company is responsible for characterizing and testing the quality of hydroxyapatite (HA) for both incoming raw material and the applied coatings prior to acceptance of a manufactured lot. Quality control tests of the raw material include measurement of crystallinity of the HA using X-ray diffraction (XRD) and Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopic (FTIR) methods and chemical analysis of the HA for the proper calcium to phosphorus ratio and for the presence of impurities. The finished coatings undergo all the same tests as the raw material plus an evaluation of adhesion.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1196 (January 1994)
- 9780803152663 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27995571