Contribution to the Understanding of the Effect of the Water Chemistry on the Oxidation Kinetics of Zircaloy-4 Cladding / D. P¿̐ưcheur, J. Godlewski, J. Peybern¿̐ưs, L. Fayette, M. No¿̐ư, A. Frichet, O. Kerrec
- Conference Author:
- Zirconium in the Nuclear Industry: Twelfth International Symposium (12th : 1998 : Toronto, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (18 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Peybern¿̐ưs, J., Fayette, L., Frichet, A., Godlewski, J., Kerrec, O., No¿̐ư, M., P¿̐ưcheur, D., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Zircaloy-4 cladding has been oxidized in autoclave at 633 K with various chemistry conditions ([Li+] = 0, 10, 70, 700 ppm and [B] = 0, 650 ppm as boric acid) to quantify the effect of lithium hydroxide and boric acid on the oxidation kinetics and to provide oxide films that have been analyzed by SIMS, SEM, and RAMAN spectroscopy to improve our knowledge of the oxidation process in a lithiated environment. Additional specific tests consisting of isotopic exchanges (6Li+/7Li+) have also been conducted to study the incorporation of lithium in the oxide films.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1354 (January 2000)
- 9780803154162 (e-ISBN), 9780803124998, and 0803124996
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 30.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27995648