Cluster Beam Deposition for Optical Thin Films / EM. Waddell, BC. Monachan, KL. Lewis, T. Wyatt-Davies, AM. Pitt
- Conference Author:
- Laser Induced Damage in Optical Materials: 1987 (1987 : Boulder, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Lewis, KL., Monachan, BC., Pitt, AM., Waddell, EM., Wyatt-Davies, T., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- A study has been carried out of the deposition of films of barium fluoride using cluster beam techniques. The effect of different aspects of the deposition process has been assessed including deposition temperature, cluster source geometry and acceleration voltage. X-ray measurements suggest that a transition temperature exists between 200 and 300¿̐ưC above which dense oriented films of excellent crystallinity are produced. At lower temperatures the films are of a different orientation, are less than theoretical density and are optically inhomogeneous. However an enhancement of laser damage threshold at 1.06?m has been observed for films produced at 200¿̐ưC. The transition temperature itself can be influenced by cluster source geometry and acceleration voltage used during deposition. The films have been used for anti-reflection of ZnSe substrates and, under optimum conditions, have laser damage thresholds at 10.6?m significantly in excess of the uncoated substrate material.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 1038 (January 1988)
- 9780803150331 (e-ISBN), 9780803144811, and 0803144814
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27995996