Is Hydraulics Out of this World? / George R. Keller
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Hydraulic Fluids (1959 : San Francisco, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Keller, George R., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- The role of hydraulic power in the control of high-speed aerodynamic vehicles has been quite thoroughly explored [1,2]. Hydraulic hazards encountered as the aircraft wends its way through the thermal thicket have become familiar to most practitioners of the art of aircraft hydraulic power system design. However, the effects of the next environment¿̐ưspace¿̐ưimpose many new problems. Unfortunately, high temperatures will still be present upon occasion. However, the additional exigencies of space flight may make other problems of greater importance. Indeed, a legitimate question might be raised as to whether hydraulic power, in its present form, has a proper place on a true space vehicle. In order to understand the tasks to be assigned to the power control system in space, a short study of space problems is worthwhile. The types of space travel, in the order of expected occurrence are: (1) ballistic, (2) orbital, and (3) interplanetary.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1960, Issue 267 (January 1960)
- 0803165749, 9780803165748, and 9780803167797 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1960. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27996023