Fatigue Crack Propagation in Fast Neutron Irradiated Stainless Steels and Welds / P. Shahinian
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Structural Materials (1974 : Gatlinburg, Tenn.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Shahinian, P., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Neutron irradiation to a fluence of 1.2 ¿̐ư 1022 neutrons (n)/cm2, > 0.1 MeV caused a small decrease in the resistance to fatigue crack propagation of Types 308 and 316 submerged-arc weld metals at 800 and 1100¿̐ưF (427 and 593¿̐ưC). Nevertheless, the postirradiation fatigue resistances of the weld metals were generally comparable to those of the corresponding base metal. Fatigue crack growth in Types 304 and 316 base metals were also affected by irradiation; the effect was dependent on the stress intensity factor and temperature. Although resistance to crack growth of cold-worked (25 percent) Type 304 stainless steel was only slightly reduced at 800¿̐ưF by irradiation, the resistance at 1100¿̐ưF was reduced markedly.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1975, Issue 570 (January 1975)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803146532 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1975. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27996391