Dimensional Stability of Neutron Irradiated Molybdenum / HI. Jang, J. Moteff
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Structural Materials (1974 : Gatlinburg, Tenn.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Jang, HI., Moteff, J., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Polycrystalline molybdenum specimens were irradiated to fast neutron fluences between 1.1 ¿̐ư 1019 neutrons (n)/cm2 and 1.0 ¿̐ư 1022 n/cm2 at a temperature range of 70 to 480¿̐ưC. The irradiation-induced length changes and subsequent changes during postirradiation annealing were measured using a high vacuum dilatometer. The effects of neutron fluences, at reactor ambient temperature of ~70¿̐ưC, were to increase the length changes up to the neutron fluence of ~1020 n/cm2 and then level off at the higher fluences. The length change data were compared with the resistivity data and the ratio of resistivity to length changes was calculated as 2.7 ¿̐ư 10-3 ?-cm.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1975, Issue 570 (January 1975)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 20.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1975. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27996392