Evaluation of Bearing Capacity of Driven Piles from Stress Wave Measurements / BB. Broms, H. Brendenberg
- Conference Author:
- Marine Geotechnology and Nearshore/Offshore Structures (1983 : Shanghai, People's Republic of China)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (27 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Brendenberg, H., Broms, BB., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The driving resistance of piles and the bearing capacity can be evaluated by measuring with strain gages and accelerometers attached to the top of the pile both the stress wave that is generated when the hammer strikes the pile and the stress wave that is reflected at the toe and along the sides of the pile. The bearing capacity is, however, affected by the loading rate. This effect is taken into account by a damping factor Jc. It is then assumed that the increase of the bearing capacity is proportional to the particle velocity at the pile point. For piles in clay and silt the stress wave measurements should be carried out during the redriving of the piles a few days or weeks after the initial pile was driven when the excess pore-water pressures have dissipated.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 923 (January 1986)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803149878 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 49.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27996436