Effect of Radiation-Induced Segregation on Precipitate Stability and Swelling in Irradiated Alloys / VA. Pechenkin, GA. Epov, IA. Stepanov, YV. Konobeev
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials: 18th International Symposium (18th : 1996 : Hyannis, Massachusetts)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Pechenkin, VA.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The radiation-induced segregation of alloy components near point defect sinks with a particular attention to Fe-Cr-Ni based alloys is analyzed. The influence of point defect generation rate on temperature ranges of stability for radiation-retarded M23C6 and radiation-induced Ni3Si precipitates in austenitic stainless steels is considered. A method of calculation of steady-state segregation-induced bias in irradiated binary alloys, taking into account Kirkendall forces and drift forces caused by point defect migration and formation energy gradients near sinks, is proposed. Contributions of various forces to the bias in Fe-Cr-Ni and V-Fe alloys are evaluated. The effect of void-precipitate association on swelling is analyzed. The radiation-induced segregation of components and segregation-induced bias for motionless and moving grain boundaries in a Fe-Cr-Ni alloy are calculated by solving the set of coupled diffusion equations for component and point defect concentrations.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1999, Issue 1325 (January 1999)
- 9780803153950 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 52.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1999. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27996553