A Novel Apparatus for Measuring the Penetration of Chemical Vapors Through Air Permeable Materials / K. Rajagopalan, MG. McCord, RL. Barker
- Conference Author:
- Performance of Protective Clothing: Sixth Volume (6th : 1996 : Orlando, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Barker, RL., McCord, MG., Raja Gopalan, K., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Air permeable chemical protective clothing materials provide protection against permeation of toxic liquids and gases, while also allowing the permeation of air and moisture vapor. Evaluating the chemical permeation resistance of air permeable materials presents a technical challenge. Therefore, a novel apparatus was developed, which was specially designed to evaluate the penetration of chemical vapors through this type of air permeable protective clothing materials. The test apparatus was developed by modification made to a device used to conduct the ASTM F739 test. The details of the apparatus are described. The advantages of the experimental approach are also discussed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1997, Issue 1273 (January 1997)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803153509 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 4.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1997. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27996806