Dr. Strangelove, or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb [videorecording] / Columbia Pictures presents a Stanley Kubrick production ; screenplay by Stanley Kubrick, Terry Southern & Peter George ; directed and produced by Stanley Kubrick
- Additional Titles:
- Dr. Strangelove
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
Title on container: Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, or, how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
- Culver City, Calif. : Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, 
- 40th anniversary special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (approximately 95 min.) : sound, black and white with color sequences ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet
- Additional Creators:
- Kubrick, Stanley
Sellers, Peter, 1925-1980
Scott, George C., 1927-1999
Hayden, Sterling, 1916-1986
Wynn, Keenan, 1916-1986
George, Peter, 1924-1966
Columbia Pictures Corporation
Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Closed captioned. English (DTS, 5.1, original mono.) or French (original mono.) dialogue with optional English, French, Chinese, Korean or Thai subtitles.
- In this dark comedy, chaos erupts when a general orders an attack on the Russians, which subsequently will trigger the Russian "Doomsday Device." The President and his aides struggle to find a way to stop the impending doom.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1964.
Based on the book, Red alert, by Peter George.
Anamorphic widescreen presentation (1.66:1).
Accompanying booklet contains essay by Roger Ebert and original production stills.
Special features include split screen interviews with Peter Sellers and George C. Scott, filmographies, theatrical advertising gallery, previews, and documentaries (No fighting in the war room, or, Dr. Strangelove the nuclear threat; Inside Dr. Strangelove, or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb; Best sellers, or, Peter Sellers and Dr. Strangelove; The art of Stanley Kubrick, from short films to Strangelove; An interview with Robert McNamara).
Behrend copy doesn't have special features disc.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Gilbert Taylor ; film editor, Anthony Harvey ; music, Laurie Johnson.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, Keenan Wynn, Slim Pickens.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1 ; Dolby digital mono.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 2799686