A Compact Mode II Fracture Specimen / L. Banks-Sills, M. Arcan
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics: Seventeenth Volume (17th : 1984 : Albany, New York)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Arcan, M.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- A compact Mode II fracture specimen together with its loading frame is analyzed and tested. This system is a further development of an earlier circular Mode II fracture specimen presented by the authors. For fatigue precracking in two different loading configurations, formulas relating the Mode I stress intensity factor, applied load, and specimen geometry are developed. In order to determine KIIc from the fracture load, a relationship between KII, the applied load, and specimen/loading frame geometry is obtained. All of these relations are calculated by means of the finite element method.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 905 (January 1986)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 20.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27996892