Investigation and Application of the One-Point-Bend Impact Test / JH. Giovanola
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics: Seventeenth Volume (7th : 1984 : Albany, New York)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (22 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Giovanola, JH., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper investigates a dynamic fracture test that produces smoothly varying stress intensity histories of controlled amplitude and duration. A test configuration has been adopted in which a simple edge-cracked specimen is loaded in bending by impacting it at the midsection without supporting it at the outer edges. The stress intensity history is measured by a strain gage near the crack tip and has approximately a sinusoidal time dependence.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 905 (January 1986)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803149724 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 23.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27996893