An Investigation of the I and dJ/da Concepts for Ductile Tearing Instability / MR. Etemad, CE. Turner
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics: Seventeenth Volume (17th : 1984 : Albany, New York)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (18 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Etemad, MR.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Unstable ductile tearing was found in a series of tests on notched bend-bars of HY130 steel tested in a screw-driven machine. R-curves were measured and ductile tearing stability analyzed according to the energy rate, I, and dJ/da tangency concepts. The effect of compliance on the energy rate available and an appropriate estimation of work dissipation rate for the I theory are described. The dJ/da concept is used in both its ¿̐ưexact¿̐ư form and as originally stated in terms of T, with certain compliance terms modified. Subject to choice of appropriate compliance terms, the experimental behavior is predicted satisfactorily by both I and dJ/da methods, although the restriction of this analysis to a configuration very similar to that on which the R-curve was measured must be recalled.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 905 (January 1986)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 19.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27996895