Small Specimen Testing Applied at Surveillance Extension / E. Czoboly, F. Gillemot, F. Oszwald
- Conference Author:
- Small Specimen Test Techniques (1997 : New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Czoboly, E., Gillemot, F., Oszwald, F., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The WWER-440 V-213 type RPVs are equipped with the surveillance specimens used to predict the embrittlement of the RPV material. These specimens are located near the core, resulting in accelerated irradiation. After four years of operation only one overexposed set remains in each unit. To obtain a more extensive database for life time calculation and life time management, a new, more extended surveillance program has been elaborated and implemented. Due to the limited availability of archive materials reconstructed Charpy V specimens and small size smooth and notched tensile bars were used in the program. To develop this surveillance extension, an extensive laboratory study on use of reconstructed Charpy and subsize tensile specimens was performed. Methods for K1a measurements on small size specimens were also studied.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1998, Issue 1329 (January 1998)
- 9780803155657 (e-ISBN), 9780803124769, and 0803124767
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1998. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997027