The Prediction of Fracture Toughness Properties from 3MM Diameter Punch Discs / W. Geary, JT. Dutton
- Conference Author:
- Small Specimen Test Techniques (1997 : New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Dutton, JT., Geary, W., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- A small punch test method has been developed utilising 3mm diameter discs. Experiments have been conducted on three structural steels and one high strength offshore steel. The relationships between data derived from the punch test load displacement curves and uniaxial tensile, fracture toughness and Charpy tests were explored. The work has highlighted a need for standardisation of the test method and of specimen sizes if further progress is to be made.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1998, Issue 1329 (January 1998)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 17.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1998. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997029