Multifacet, Metal Mirror Design for Extreme-Ultraviolet and Soft X-Ray Free-Electron Laser Resonators / BE. Newnam
- Conference Author:
- Laser Induced Damage in Optical Materials: 1985 (1985 : Boulder, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Newnam, BE.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Resonator mirrors with reflectance greater than ~40% are required if free-electron laser (FEL) oscillators are to be extended to wavelengths below 100 nm. The principle of total-external reflection has been used to design multifacet mirrors of several metal films that surpass this requirement between 10 and 100 nm. These reflectors have high reflectance over a relatively broad band which suits well the inherent FEL wavelength tunability. The practical limitations to achieving and maintaining high reflectance include oxide- and carbon-contamination, scattering, and surface-plasmon absorption.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 1015 (January 1988)
- Laser beams—Congresses
- Laser beams
- Laser materials—Defects
- Laser materials—Effect of radiation on—Congresses
- Optical materials—Defects—Congresses
- Optical materials—Effect of radiation on—Congresses
- Optical materials—Effect of radiation on.
- Aluminum films
- Carbon contamination
- Extreme-ultraviolet reflectors
- Free electron lasers
- Metal reflectors
- Multifacet reflectors
- Oxide contamination
- Rhodium films
- Silicon carbon
- Silicon films
- Soft x-ray reflectors
- 9780803150317 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 28.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997199