Raman Microprobe of Laser-Induced Surface Damage Regions in TiO2 and ZrO2 Coatings / DM. Friedrich, GJ. Exarhos
- Conference Author:
- Laser Induced Damage in Optical Materials: 1985 (1985 : Boulder, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Exarhos, GJ., Friedrich, DM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- The anatase-to-rutile phase transition, which attends pulsed laser-induced damage of anatase TiO2 thin films, is studied by simultaneous microphotography and Raman microprobe. The damage is distributed across the damage area in regions of distinct morphology and spectra. In multilayer coatings, a mechanical surface-fracture zone surrounds a set of thin, layered flat rings of distinct but irregular boundaries. These rings surround a rough, pitted transparent central crater in the quartz substrate. Raman difference spectroscopy is used to reveal damage regions containing the rutile phase and regions devoid of TiO2. Similarly, Raman microprobe spectra reveal the monoclinic crystalline form of ZrO2 in damaged regions of amorphous ZrO2 coatings. Finally, frequency shifts of the anatase v6 line (nominally 143 cm-1) are used to identify stress in laser-pulse irradiated anatse coatings.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 1015 (January 1988)
- 0803144792, 9780803144798, and 9780803150317 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997228