Storage Stability Trends for Distillate Fuels : Panel Discussion
- Conference Author:
- Distillate Fuel Stability and Cleanliness (1980 : Chicago, Illinois)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- American Society for Testing and Materials and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Panel members were asked to prepare brief comments on past, present, and future distillate fuel stability trends, then participate in a general discussion of stability and cleanliness. Prepared comments do not necessarily represent a complete consideration of problems and trends¿̐ưthe purpose was to provide a basis for general discussion leading to consensus on needs which should be addressed by ASTM efforts. Overall, comments and discussion led to agreement that, while distillate fuel in the marketplace has generally acceptable stability and cleanliness, less-stable fuels are being produced than in the recent past. Potential use of nonpetroleum-derived fuels increases concerns. Test methods, especially for quality control, are not available which are broadly accepted by the industry, and ASTM efforts to develop standardized methods would be appropriate.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1981, Issue 751 (January 1981)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803148178 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1981. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997394