Toward a Meaningful Interaction Between Ecology and Aquatic Toxicology / JM. Neuhold
- Conference Author:
- Aquatic Toxicology and Environmental Fate: Ninth Volume (9th : 1985 : Philadelphia, PA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Neuhold, JM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Single species toxicity tests, microcosm toxicity tests, and ecosystem level field studies all have their advantages and limitations in determining the effect of a toxicant on an ecosystem. In spite of their limitations, laboratory toxicity studies are necessary for gaining autecological insights to how organisms respond. Microcosm tests are a first approximation to how an ecosystem might respond to the intrusion of a toxicant. Population, community, and ecosystem level field studies are necessary to interpret laboratory findings from single species and microcosm tests in light of the field realities.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 921 (January 1986)
- Water—Pollution—Environmental aspects—Congresses
- Water quality bioassay—Congresses
- Water quality bioassay
- Ecosystem analysis
- Ecosystem states
- Population ecology
- Single species toxicity tests
- 9780803149861 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997491