Evaluation of Plasma Cleaning, an Environmentally Friendly Process, for Removing Lubricants from Metallic Surfaces / R. Paciej, F. Jansen, S. Krommenhoek
- Conference Author:
- Alternatives to Chlorofluorocarbon Fluids in the Cleaning of Oxygen and Aerospace Systems and Components (1992 : Miami, FL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Jansen, F., Krommenhoek, S., Paciej, R., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The effectiveness of plasma cleaning as a substitute for CFCs was compared to two alternative methods, CO2 snow and detergent cleaning. The proposed ASTM G XYZ standard test coupon described in ¿̐ưStandard Practice for Preparation of Contaminated Test Coupons for the Evaluation of Cleaning Agents for Use in Oxygen-Enriched Systems and Components¿̐ư was used to compare all three cleaning methods. The cleaning experiments employed two different hydrocarbon oils, Precision-D and 3-in-1, which were applied to the test coupons by either dipping the coupons into a lubricant and solvent mixture or spraying the mixture onto the coupons. Also, three different test coupons were chosen for the experiments: AL3003 (aluminum), C1018 (carbon-steel), and CDA706 (brass alloy)
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1993, Issue 1181 (January 1993)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803152366 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 11.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1993. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997630