Chapter 13¿̐ưDetermination of Information and Communication Needs : Computers in Medicine / GB. Devey
- Conference Author:
- Medical Devices: Measurements, Quality Assurance, and Standards (1981 : Gaithersburg, Md.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Devey, GB.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The use of computers in medical technology and in medical information systems has become widespread and will continue to grow. Currently, large computerized information management systems are used in hospitals, small microprocessors are in pacemakers, and research is progressing toward artificial intelligence to help improve diagnostics, just to name a few of the computer uses. However, two basic problems must be surmounted: incompatibility of computerized instrumentation and inadequate medical specifications for developing reference bases for computer applications.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1983, Issue 800 (January 1983)
- 9780803148666 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1983. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997682