The Effects of Nickel on Microstructural Development and Microchemical Changes in Neutron-Irradiated Fe-Cr-Mn Based Steels / H. Takahashi, S. Ohnuki, FA. Garner, H. Ben-fu.
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials: 15th International Symposium (15th : 1990 : Nashville, Tennessee)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Takahashi, H.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Microstructural changes and solute segregation in austenitic Fe-Cr-Mn-Ni alloys have been studied after neutron irradiation to 25 dpa (maximum) in FFTF/MOTA. Voids were nucleated in all of the specimens in the temperature range of 420 to 650¿̐ưC, and a swelling peak was observed to form at 550¿̐ưC. The void suppression effect of nickel additions did not occur in these alloys. Precipitates were formed in the matrix and/or on grain boundaries and were mostly identified as M23C6. The composition in the grain boundary area changed, and the chromium (Cr) concentration near the precipitates became higher. On the other hand, manganese and chromium were depleted, and nickel was enriched in the grain boundary area, but without precipitation. Other phases such as ferrite and sigma could not be recognized. Thus, it was revealed that the addition of nickel to Fe-Cr-Mn alloy stabilizes the austenite even in the grain boundary area where segregation is marked.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1125 (January 1992)
- 9780803151871 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 13.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997751