Microstructural Characterization of Irradiated Nimonic PE16 / SB. Fisher, VM. Callen, PK. Rose
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials: 15th International Symposium (15th : 1990 : Nashville, Tennessee)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (22 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Fisher, SB., Callen, VM., Rose, PK., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The tie bar component of the advanced gas-cooled reactor (AGR) is manufactured from the nickel-based superalloy Nimonic PE16. During service the component undergoes microstructural and associated mechanical property changes attributable to irradiation-induced and thermally induced processes. The extent of these changes varies with local temperature/flux variations along the tie-bar length. Most importantly, a region of relatively poor stress rupture properties is created towards the bottom of exposed bars, where the irradiation temperature is in the range 350 to 400¿̐ưC.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1125 (January 1992)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803151871 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 8.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997761