Useful and Useless Data for Judging Air Pollution Effects on Climate / HE. Landsberg
- Conference Author:
- Air Quality Meteorology and Atmospheric Ozone (1977 : Boulder, Colo.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Landsberg, HE., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Present observations for assessing man's effect on the climate are inadequate. Although global temperature and radiosonde records are beginning to fill data needs, precipitation records in and near urban heat islands and major industrial zones with heat rejection and nuclei production are not sufficiently dense. Atmospheric observations of carbon dioxide (CO2) are satisfactory, but more information on CO2 sinks in the ocean and the biomass are needed. Atmospheric levels of other infrared absorbers have to be systematically watched. The total particulate load is a useless measure and needs to be replaced by regular and widespread observations of the size spectra of particulate matter. Adequate inventories of anthropogenic heat and water vapor emissions are required. Better inventories of man-made cloudiness have to be established. Additional atmospheric electric observations are also needed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1978, Issue 653 (January 1978)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803147232 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 32.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1978. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997964