Applicability of a Measurement System : Sensor Response and Representativeness / PB. MacCready
- Conference Author:
- Air Quality Meteorology and Atmospheric Ozone (1977 : Boulder, Colo.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- MacCready, PB., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- A complete view of the management (acquiring and use) of meteorological data requires the consideration of many factors, from the dynamic response characteristics of the sensor to the time and spatial representiveness of the final numerical quantity produced. The mathematical techniques for quantifying the various factors associated with a particular measurement are well developed. This paper reviews some fundamentals of the response and errors of typical meteorological sensors, with an emphasis on the sort of responses and errors that arise when the instrument is used in the real turbulent atmosphere, and also reviews factors of averaging and representativeness. Broader aspects of representativeness are also discussed from the perspective of incorporating the measurements into complete atmospheric descriptions or models.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1978, Issue 653 (January 1978)
- 9780803147232 (e-ISBN), 9780803102750, and 0803102755
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1978. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997965