A Method of Evaluating Polarization Curves for Stainless Steel via a Simple Passivation Model / S-O Bernhardsson, R. Mellstr¿̐ưm
- Conference Author:
- Electrochemical Corrosion Testing (1979 : San Francisco, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Bernhardsson, S-O, Mellstr¿̐ưm, R., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- If it is assumed that the passivation process of stainless steels in acid solutions follows Langmuir's adsorption isotherm, a relatively simple function is obtained that describes the form of an anodic polarization curve. This function has been adapted to experimental results obtained with stainless steels in sulfuric acid in order to study the effect of alloying elements on the rate of different partial reactions. Adjustment to experimental data can be effected by nonlinear regression analysis or by a simpler manual method. The results show that, among other things, chromium in concentrations >=12 percent accelerates anodic dissolution and passivation, while nickel and molybdenum have the contrary effect.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1981, Issue 727 (January 1981)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 15.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1981. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27997993