Computation of the Crack-Tip Energy Release Rate for Cyclic Crack Growth / WW. Wilkening
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics: Eighteenth Symposium (8th : 1985 : Boulder, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Wilkening, WW.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The elastic-plastic finite-element method, employing the mechanical sublayer theory of plasticity, was used to compute a local crack-tip parameter which shows significant promise for characterization of the cyclic crack growth process. The proposed cyclic crack growth rate characterizing parameter is the crack tip value of the energy release rate. This crack-tip energy release rate (G0), has been shown to be equivalent to the global energy release rate (G), for the case of monotonic loading of a stationary crack. This work extends the proposed definition of the crack tip energy release rate to cyclic loading, including the important effects of crack growth.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 945 (January 1988)
- 9780803150362 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27998510