Long-Term Creep-Crack Growth Behavior of Type 316 Stainless Steel / CE. Jaske
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics: Eighteenth Symposium (18th : 1985 : Boulder, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Jaske, CE.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- For most engineering applications, crack-growth rates of 10¿̐ư9 m/s or less are of practical interest, but this is the regime where little creep-crack growth data currently are available. Long-term creep-crack growth experiments of about 1000 h or more duration are required to develop such data. In the present study, creep-crack growth data were developed at rates between 10¿̐ư11 and 10¿̐ư7 m/s for Type 316 stainless steel. Three specimen configurations were used: compact type (CT); center-cracked tension (CCT); and multiple edge-notch tension (MENT). The CT and CCT specimens had long (25 to 35 mm) and the MENT specimens had short (100 to 500 ?m) cracks. Creep-crack growth rate was evaluated both in terms of the linear elastic stress intensity factor K and the C*-integral. It was concluded that the C*-integral is useful for characterizing long-term as well as short-term creep-crack growth rate data for both short and long cracks on a consistent basis.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 945 (January 1988)
- 9780803150362 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 26.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27998525