Determining Image Quality and Wavefront Profiles from Interferograms / BC. Platt, SG. Reynolds, TR. Holt
- Conference Author:
- Reduction and Interpretation of Interferograms (1978 : Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Holt, TR., Platt, BC., Reynolds, SG., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- This is a tutorial paper showing how to use drafting equipment and a calculator to calculate the geometrical image of a point source and the profile plot along any part of the interferogram. Slope errors of geometrical rays are calculated by measuring the separation and angle of the fringes at each selected point on the interferogram. These angular errors are then plotted on a sheet of graph paper to represent the angular size of the geometrical point-spread function. By integrating the angular errors multiplied by the distance between points, a plot of the surface profile can easily be found.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1978, Issue 666 (January 1978)
- 9780803147331 (e-ISBN), 9780803107090, and 0803107099
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1978. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27998593