Laboratory Corrosion Testing of Metals and Alloys in Environments Containing Hydrogen Sulfide / RD. Mack, SM. Wilhelm, BG. Steinberg
- Conference Author:
- Laboratory Corrosion Tests and Standards (1983 : Bal Harbour, FL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Mack, RD., Steinberg, BG., Wilhelm, SM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- In recent years, the production of oil and gas from reservoirs containing significant partial pressures of hydrogen sulfide has become economical. Hydrogen sulfide is a toxic and highly flammable gas. Containment of the production fluid is critical from the view of safety and economics. The corrosion of metals and alloys used in these production environments therefore presents a serious problem. This paper discusses the test methods used for the laboratory corrosion testing of metals and alloys in simulated production environments containing hydrogen sulfide. The discussion includes the selection of the test method, test environment, and safety precautions taken during testing.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1985, Issue 866 (January 1985)
- 9780803149311 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 59.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1985. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27998706