The Role of Temperature Rate Terms in Viscoplastic Modelling : Theory and Experiments / R. K¿̐ưhner, J. Aktaa, L. Angarita, K-H Lang
- Conference Author:
- Thermo-mechanical Fatigue Behavior of Materials: Third Volume (3rd : 1998 : Norfolk, Virginia)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Lang, K-H, Aktaa, J., Angarita, L., K¿̐ưhner, R., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- To describe inelastic material behaviour under nonisothermal loading conditions on the base of a viscoplastic model it is not sufficient to use only temperature-dependent model parameters. Also the temperature rate in the evolution equations of the internal variables must be considered. To investigate the influence of the temperature rate, experiments should be defined in which the model response shows a remarkable dependence on the temperature rate. Such experiments could be performed on a coupled ¿̐ưtwo-bar system¿̐ư under thermal and complex thermomechanical loading, respectively. Using a recently developed testing facility experiments with a coupled ¿̐ưtwo-bar system¿̐ư are realized. This allows different temperature paths to be applied to the two bars which can be coupled to produce the same total strain throughout the experiment. At the same time, the sum of the forces of the two bars is controlled as a function of time. In addition it is possible to perform suitable thermomechanical experiments on an ¿̐ưone-bar system.¿̐ư Here experiments with loading conditions similar to those observed at the ¿̐ưtwo-bar system¿̐ư can be performed. The results show that temperature rate terms are necessary to model ratchetting effects correctly. Therefore, approaches taken from the literature were investigated and modified to achieve best agreement between modelling and experiment.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1371 (January 2000)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154230 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 8.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27998725