Damage Resistant Optical Coatings Prepared Using High Temperature, Plasma Chemical-Vapor-Deposition / JH. Campbell, JL. Emmett, RM. Brusasco, F. Rainer, RT. Kersten, V. Paquet, H-W Etzkorn
- Conference Author:
- Laser Induced Damage in Optical Materials: 1989 (1989 : Boulder)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Brusasco, RM.
Etzkorn, H. W.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Multilayer dielectric optical coatings, nominally consisting of 1000 or more optical-quarterwave layers, have been prepared by reacting SiCl4 and a halogenated dopant (e.g. GeCl4) with O2 in a microwave-driven plasma. The dopant concentration is such that the index difference (An) between adjacent quarterwave layers is about 0.02 or less. The deposition is carried out at high substrate temperatures (850 to 1100¿̐ưC) producing a fully dense, fused silica coating. Surface damage thresholds of high reflectivity (HR) coatings prepared by this plasma process are comparable to those for fused silica. For example, at 1.06 ?m and 16-ns we measure surface damage thresholds greater than 45 J/cm2 compared to about 45¿̐ư60 J/cm2 for super-polished optical fused silica.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1117 (January 1990)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 25.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27998806