Tests of Accuracy of a Mechanical Coal Sampler / R. L. Coryell, F. J. Schwerd, E. J. Parente
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Coal Sampling (1954 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Coryell, R. L., Schwerd, F. J., Parente, E. J., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A program for testing accuracy of an established mechanical coal sampling procedure is described and applied. Each step in the sampling procedure was tested for presence of bias and no significant bias was found. Sampling tests were made on a lot of mixed coals totaling 13,600 tons and the results analyzed for variances. For these coals, it is shown statistically that the ASTM accuracy required for commercial coal sampling by ASTM Standard Method D 492 - 48 may be obtained for any size lot by taking the number of increments (50 lb each) required by the ASTM procedure for lots of less than 1000 tons. However, to obtain the ASTM special purpose sampling accuracies, a single gross sample of these coals will not suffice.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1955, Issue 162 (January 1955)
- 9780803167681 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1955. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27998895