In Situ Analysis of Benzene, Ethylbenzene, Toluene, and Xylenes (BTEX) Using Fiber Optics / W. Chudyk, K. Pohlig, K. Exarhoulakos, J. Holsinger, N. Rico
- Conference Author:
- Ground Water and Vadose Zone Monitoring (1988 : Albuquerque, New Mexico)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Chudyk, W., Exarhoulakos, K., Holsinger, J., Pohlig, K., Rico, N., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- In Situ Analysis of Benzene, Ethylbenzene, Toluene, and Xylenes (BTEX) Using Fiber Optics In situ analysis of ground water is an attractive alternative to conventional sampling and analysis methods, since it eliminates sample handling and chain-of-custody concerns. The prototype instrument recently developed by our research team uses remote laser-induced fluorescence (RLIF) to measure aromatic organics in situ. The work discussed here concerns the aromatic organics fraction of gasoline (benzene, toluene, and xylenes). RLIF can theoretically detect over half of the organics on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Priority Pollutants List.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1053 (January 1990)
- 9780803151178 (e-ISBN), 9780803112759, and 0803112750
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 4.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27998973