Micromechanical Testing of Interfacial Bonding in Absorbable Composites / KJ. Leadbetter, RA. Latour, RA. Johnson, SW. Shalaby
- Conference Author:
- Biomaterials' Mechanical Properties (1992 : Pittsburgh, PA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Johnson, RA., Latour, RA., Leadbetter, KJ., Shalaby, SW., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A new approach is described, involving microdroplet fiber composites, to study absorbable fiber-reinforced composites with physicochemically hybridized interfaces. Both an Instron Dynamic Test Machine and a micromechanical testing machine are successfully used to monitor variation in interfacial bond strength resulting from changes in certain key processing variables, and a comparison is made between the two test methods. It is concluded that these procedures are able to discern small interfacial adhesion strength differences and can contribute effectively to the establishment of an optimal filler-matrix interface.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1173 (January 1994)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803152618 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999016