Clostridium perfringens as a Water Quality Indicator / VJ. Cabelli
- Conference Author:
- Bacterial Indicators/Health Hazards Associated with Water (1976 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Cabelli, VJ., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Clostridium perfringens and the more general group to which it belongs, ¿̐ưsulfite-reducing, spore forming anaerobes,¿̐ư are considered with regard to their use as health effects, water quality indicators. The groups are examined with regard to their identification, their importance, the characteristics which impinge on their use as indicators, monitoring applications, available evaluation data, and enumeration methods. C. perfringens has specific and limited applications as a water quality indicator. It appears to be the fecal indicator of choice for measuring remote or intermittent pollution and in situations where resistance to disinfectants and environmental stress is at a premium.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1977, Issue 635 (January 1977)
- 9780803147072 (e-ISBN), 9780803102880, and 0803102887
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 34.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1977. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999032