A Bridge Site Investigation Using SPTs, MPMTs, and DMTs from Barges / SL. Sonnenfeld, JH. Schmertmann, RC. Williams
- Conference Author:
- Strength Testing of Marine Sediments: Laboratory and In-Situ Measurements (1984 : San Diego, CA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (21 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Schmertmann, JH.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- The subsurface exploration from barges for the replacement of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge across Tampa Bay, FL, involved several relatively new field tests or new ways to use old tests. These included: (1) energy corrected standard penetration test (SPT) borings, (2) Menard pressuremeter tests (MPMTs), and (3) Marchetti dilatometer tests (DMT). This paper discusses the testing problems and shows how data from these tests compared with each other and some associated information obtained from laboratory tests.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1985, Issue 883 (January 1985)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1985. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999059