A Laboratory Evaluation of Ceramic Coatings for High Temperature Applications / Sara J. Ketcham
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Porcelain Enamels and Ceramic Coatings as Engineering Materials (1953 : Atlantic City, N. J.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ketcham, Sara J., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- A program to evaluate ceramic coatings currently available for use on stainless and low-alloy steels was established last year by the Bureau of Aeronautics, with the hope that some coatings had been developed that would possess resistance to thermal shock and protect the underlying metal from oxidation. Any coatings meeting these requirements would be considered for use in the exhaust systems of aircraft power plants. Companies that were interested in participating in the investigation were sent test specimens of AISI 321 stainless steel and AISI 4130 steel for application of suitable ceramic coatings. The coated specimens were then returned to the Naval Air Experimental Station for test and evaluation. Interest was specifically centered in determining three properties¿̐ưresistance to thermal shock, protection against oxidation of the base metal, and adherence of coating to the metal. The 321 stainless steel specimens were to be tested at 1800 F, and the 4130 steel specimens were to be tested at 1200 F.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1954, Issue 153 (January 1954)
- 9780803183698 (e-ISBN), 9780803168589, and 0803168586
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1954. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999235