J-Integral Analysis of Surface Cracks in Pipeline Steel Plates / RB. King, Y-w Cheng, DT. Read, HI. McHenry
- Conference Author:
- Elastic-Plastic Fracture: Second Symposium, Volume I¿̐ưInelastic Crack Analysis (2nd : 1981 : Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- King, RB., Cheng, Y-w, Read, DT., McHenry, HI., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A capability for direct experimental evaluation of the J-integral in surface-cracked members under elastic-plastic deformation is useful for providing understanding of the driving force for fracture. In addition, such a capability makes it possible to evaluate analytical and numerical predictions of J. Experimental procedures have been developed for direct evaluation of J at the root of surface cracks from quantities measured at the specimen surfaces. These procedures rely on the assumption that the line J-integral around the root of a surface flaw is sufficiently path-independent for practical purposes. Arguments in favor of this assumption are made.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1983, Issue 803V1 (January 1983)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803148697 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1983. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999385