Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analyses for Use with Chemical Fate and Transport Models / CA. Staples, JL. Sebaugh
- Conference Author:
- Aquatic Toxicology and Environmental Fate: Eleventh Volume (11th : 1987 : Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Sebaugh, JL., Staples, CA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A method for evaluating sensitivity and uncertainty analyses is presented here for use with chemical environmental exposure models. Sensitivity analysis allows one to assess the relationship between a set of potentially important model input variables and the model output. Uncertainty analysis allows one to assess the set of output values obtained and estimate various statistical properties such as the mean, median, standard deviation, and range. Absence of the ability to quantify parameter value uncertainty and model output uncertainty limits the validity of predictive model use. Use of the methods presented in this paper can increase the confidence in predictive environmental chemical fate model use.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 1007 (January 1988)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803150270 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 21.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999536