Accelerated Service Life Predictions of Compact Discs / WP. Murray
- Conference Author:
- Accelerated and Outdoor Durability Testing of Organic Materials (1993 : Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Murray, WP., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- An Accelerated Life Expectancy test of 3M CD-ROM Media was performed on 9 sets of 16 discs. Each set was exposed to a different temperature/relative humidity combination and tested periodically for Mean Block Error Rate (BLER). By use of the Maximum Likelihood Estimate, (MLE), the rate of BLER change was determined for each disc. Within each test cell, the distribution of time for discs to reach End of-Life was fitted to a Weibull distribution and the resultant scale parameters regressed by MLE to solve an Eyring Acceleration Model. Temperature and relative humidity stresses were simultaneously modeled and relative acceleration factors were calculated for each cell. These acceleration factors were applied to the respective test cell data thereby normalizing all accelerated data to a common usage condition. From the combined normalized data an overall Weibull distribution was determined and the survival function was used to project product life-time capabilities and confidence intervals.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1202 (January 1994)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803152694 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999586