A Review of the Variability Encountered When Exposing Materials to Glass Filtered Sunlight. / LF. Crewdson, C. Bahadur-Singh
- Conference Author:
- Accelerated and Outdoor Durability Testing of Organic Materials (1993 : Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Bahadur-Singh, C.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Test result variability is a common problem related to weathering tests. The addition of a glass cover between the specimens and the sun increases the variability of the test design. The following work measures and reviews the sources of within test run, and test run to test run variability. Five commonly accepted reference materials are exposed and their colour change measured. Within test run variability was shown to be caused by the age and type of glass used. The test run to test run variability was shown to be caused by seasonal variation in the test environment.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1202 (January 1994)
- 9780803152694 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999598