The Potential of Scientifically Based Fire Protection Engineering? / HE. Nelson
- Conference Author:
- Fire Safety: Science and Engineering (1984 : Denver, CO)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (5 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Nelson, HE., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Fire science advances of recent years are now creating a state of knowledge that permits the emergence of a scientifically based fire protection engineering technology. It is proposed that a clear overview of an effective engineering approach is apparent and to at least an initial degree supported by engineering capabilities. A conceptual model of the elements of an analytical method is provided along with a list of references that present procedures for calculating the impact of each element. Test methods need to provide the data required to execute the calculation procedure.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1985, Issue 882 (January 1985)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 22.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1985. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999606