Property Changes of Cement-Based Waste Forms During Leaching / KY. Cheng, PL. Bishop
- Conference Author:
- Stabilization and Solidification of Hazardous, Radioactive, and Mixed Wastes: 3rd Volume (3rd : 1993 : Williamsburg, Virginia)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Bishop, PL.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- This work investigates the physical property changes of cement-based waste forms before and after leaching in acetic acid solutions. Specimens were prepared in the laboratory with a Type I Portland cement and synthetic metal sludges. The physical properties (water content, densities, and porosity) of the waste forms were examined before and after leaching. The study showed that a leached layer developed on the surface of every leached specimen. The physical properties of the leached layer, which were highly porous and lighter weight in nature, were distinctly different from those of the original material.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1996, Issue 1240 (January 1996)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 8.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1996. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999673