Curved Laminated Beams Subjected to Shear Loads, Moments, and Temperature Changes / SO. Peck
- Conference Author:
- Composite Structures: Theory and Practice (1999 : Seattle, Washington)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Peck, SO., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Closed-form 2-D solutions for the displacements, strains, and stresses in curved, laminated orthotropic beams subjected to shear loads, moments, and temperature changes are developed. The solutions are exact and therefore equally applicable to sandwich structures as well as to ordinary laminates. The displacement solutions include rigid-body terms that are used to predict the contribution to spring-in of curved composite laminates due to differential thermal expansion in the radial and circumferential directions. Sample calculations for graphite/epoxy face-skinned aluminum honeycomb curved beams clearly predict anticipated failure modes.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2001, Issue 1383 (January 2001)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154490 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2001. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999776