Large Compartment Fire Tests on a Full-Scale Eight Storey Building / T. Lennon
- Conference Author:
- Very Large-Scale Fires (1997 : St. Louis, MO)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Lennon, T., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- A series of fire tests have been undertaken on a purpose built eight storey, three bay by five bay steel frame building with composite floors and overall dimensions 33.5m by 21m by 45m. The building has been constructed at the BRE's Large Building Test Facility at Cardington, near Bedford, England. As part of the overall fire programme, BRE have carried out fire tests on a compartment (9m x 6m) representative of a corner office and a large compartment (21m x 18m) representative of a large open plan office. The objectives of the programme are to examine the behaviour of multi-storey steel-framed buildings subject to real fires and to use the data from the tests to validate computer models for structural analysis at elevated temperatures. The work will provide substantial benefits and produce high quality data which will inform decisions on the degree of fire protection required for steel framed buildings, which could significantly reduce costs while maintaining existing levels of safety.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1998, Issue 1336 (January 1998)
- 0803124813, 9780803124813, and 9780803153868 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 8.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1998. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999835