A Method for Comparing Alpine Skiing Injuries Among Studies / RJ. Johnson, CF. Ettlinger, JE. Shealy
- Conference Author:
- Skiing Trauma and Safety: Fourteenth Volume (14th : 2001 : Queensland, New Zealand)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Shealy, JE.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- This study compares regional differences in the risk of skiing injury using readily available data. A simple system compares skiing injury data from unrelated studies in several countries using the frequency of ACL sprains as a base for comparison with the frequency of a target injury group, in this case tibia shaft fractures. Prior studies involving the authors' 29-year case-control study at a medium-sized Vermont ski area serve as a basis for this analysis.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2003, Issue 1440 (January 2003)
- 9780803154841 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 17.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2003. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27999868